3.01.2007

Grandma as a little girl.

Not having much time to work on the diary itself lately, I thought I'd share even more pictures from the past. I am just so fascinated by them . . . I hope you are as well. These below are more of grandma as a wee one . . . hope you are enjoying.

Please leave comments below sometimes so I know who visits. (. . . please?!) All you have to do is click on "comments" which resides below each post. It will guide you to a comment window. I don't think you have to "sign in" unless you have an account. You can comment anonymously even. It's pretty self-explanatory once you hit the comment link. I'd love comments because you've got to be thinking something when you see these old pictures! This is our past . . . and if you aren't related, it's still your past. This is how our ancestors lived. I find it extraordiary. I hope you do, too. Please share - this site is for everyone and a way for us all to stay connected.

Love ya all . . .
Valerie

Grandma, again, outside her home as a baby.

Grandma and her daddy. What a handsome man . . .

Grandma and her mother. She seemed so "proper". Some of you knew her. Tell me what she was like! (Wait, I think I posted this one before already . . . ah well . . .)

This old picture is one of my favorites. It shows so much. Look at the brick sidewalk, the tricycle, grandma's dress (how often do you see girls these days wearing stockings, mary janes and dresses when they play?), and the old wooden fence which you can see in the shadows. Priceless!

Yet again, the adorable toddler, our grandma.

10 comments:

A said...

What an interesting change in your Grandma's life. Notice in the first picture right above her shoulder it looks like a big log from a tree is holding the front porch up. Then in the tricycle picture she is wearing a dress and stockings looking proper!

Corie said...

Val, I think I have almost the exact same picture of my Grandma as the first picture you posted. Taken when she was very young, dressed like your Grandma, in front of her house.
Like you, I love the old pictures!

Tracy said...

Hi Valerie, thanks for visiting my blog. You have a lovely blog - love the old pictures! :)

MamaKBear said...

I've only read the first post, and I've already got this page bookmarked so I can come back! Also bookmarked your blog I found through the Blog Party.

Thanks so much for this blog! I love this kind of thing, and it makes me think to my own Grandparents, and what their lives must have been like back then.

I look forward to getting to know your Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my party! What a beautiful blog! This is such a wonderful idea!

Valerie said...

hey Valerie!
this is gonna be weird, i feel like i'm talking to myself!
i do have people call me Val, but i really like Valerie better...what about you?
thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet...hopefully you liked what you read & will come by again soon!

you have a cool site yourself...i love those pictures from our families' pasts...it's always weird to think that they felt a lot of the same pains we did, espcially when you look at the pictures from 'way back then and they always look so somber.

whew! dang, sorry...you'd think this was my blog!

Wendy said...

I too love looking at old pictures of my grandparents when they were young. My grandfather died a year ago this ST. Patrick's day...Grandma is still alive. I was so upset when I found out they threw out everything from his days in the war including all the letters he wrote home. I did find one letter though while going through pictures for the memorial service. I will hold onto that letter and treasure it forever, a piece of history is dieing with that generation and I will miss it. Enjoyed your site, drop by mine if you get a chance.

Michelle said...

Hey...stopped over here for a minute. I hadn't checked it out in a while. I love the old pictures! I too, love to learn about the past, especially family history, and could look at old pictures like this anytime! It's so neat to learn about your grandma.

Portrait of Peter said...

How wonderful to see and to share with others here too.

Photographs have a special place in our hearts and rekindle the fond memories.

Thank you and may I wish you every success for future blogs. They are so enchanting.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Adam from the All Things Film blog. Thanks for stopping by my party, & hope you're having fun!