5.23.2007

You Always Hurt the One You Love

As we just found out, grandma and grandpa's "song" was You Always Hurt the One You Love. A friend of mine was thrilled for me that I was able to discover "their song". She's right. What a gift it is.

I found out a little more about the song, too. It was preformed by The Mills Brothers in 1944 and then in 1945 by Spike Jones & His City Slickers. But more recently it has also been sung by Willie Nelson and Michael Buble among many many more! Now I must go find it on itunes!

Anyway, here's some of the words:

You always hurt the one you love
The one you shouldn't hurt at all
You always take the sweetest rose
And crush it till the petals fall
You always break the kindest heart
With a hasty word you can't recall
So If I broke your heart last night,
It's because I love you most of all.


And here is a clip of it being sung . . . so sweet it is!

2 comments:

Corie said...

Wow Val!!!
That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing their song. I want to get the Willie Nelson version on itunes if I can.....
So special...

Kat said...

That is so great that you found it.