3.05.2008

{Pieces of our past}

I have not posted anything in a long long time. I wanted to be able to post new pictures and memorabilia before I added entries since it's been so long since I've had any new pictures to share. So finally I sat down, reconnected my scanner and made time. Enjoy all these amazing pieces of our history. I still can't believe how grandma, and then grandpa, held onto these things, but I am so so so thankful they did.

First of all, in lieu of Valentine's Day which I am about 3 weeks late for (!), here are some old Valentines that I came across. How precious are these?!

And also in lieu of Valentine's Day, here is a love letter I found from grandma to grandpa. I am assuming it is from their senior year of high school as she says at the end of the letter that she was writing it during trig. (Please click on it to view it more clearly.)

I found this pay stub of grandpa's when he worked for the coal company. He worked 78 hours for very little pay. Wow, I can't believe how hard he worked for so little money. Now I see even more why he was always such a hard worker. (Please click on it to see it in full detail.)

And here is that hard-working very handsome man. I am guessing this may be his high school graduation picture??

{More posts with more pictures in the coming days!}

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I am not sure how I found your blog, I don't remember, but I have been reading it for awhile now. I think it is a great way to remember the past. You have inspired me to do the same with my grandparents. Thank you!

MP said...

You know I click daily! That pay stub is unreal!

I love your grandma's penmanship!

FYI..you know I found this blog first..then linked to you!

Corie said...

Awww, isn't that so sweet to have a love letter from your Grandma to your Grandpa? I love that!

And yes, your Grandpa was quite the handsome man! No wonder your Grandma was head over heels!

Unknown said...

Welcome, Michelle and thank you for reading! :)

MP, I do remember that you started reading here first! You're awesome for sticking with me on both blogs!

And Cor, thanks! What's so sweet about the letters they wrote to each other then is that Neil and I wrote letters to each other in the same school and I still have them :)